Z. Gács, György (Zartler György) Budapest, 1914 - 1978, Budapest
Painter, graphic, sculptor, glass artist. He was a student of Szőnyi István and Benkhard Ágost at the College of Fine Arts in Budapest. He received the Munkácsy prize in 1956 and in 1970, and the Meritorious Artist prize in 1974. He's an owner of The Order of the Red Banner of Labour. He taught at the Training School for the Hungarian University of Fine Arts between 1945 and 50, then he became the headmaster for the following two years. He taught at the College of Applied Arts between 1953 and '78. He was the governor of the decorative painting department between 1953 and '65. He founded the glass art department in 1965. He lead the salt-glaze pottery department between 1965-78. He began to teach at the College of Fine Arts in 1962. He worked at the nursery of artists in Szentendre for years. In 1945 he began to participate in exhibitions. The Hungarian National Gallery guards his works.